Two $1,000 Scholarships Available for BSN or MSN Students
Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy is offering two $1000 scholarships to registered nurses (RN) who are working in New York State in the field of intellectual/ developmental disabilities nursing and are enrolled in a program toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing.
“Nurses are always heroes! We want to celebrate them and we want to help elevate people who want to invest in their future,” said Angelo Angerame CEO, Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy. “While we may not be in the facilities that we serve, we believe we are members of the care team. We want to support all of the different team members, and one way we are able to do that is with these two $1,000 scholarships.”
Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy serves about 400 homes and facilities for the intellectually/ developmentally disabled. Our team knows how hard the nurses work to take care of residents to ensure they are given the best care and life. This is one reason why our organization decided to partner with the New York State Intellectual Disabled and Developmental Disability Nurses Association to offer two scholarships. The NYS ID/DD Nurses Association’s mission is to promote the professional development of nurses who are interested in persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities through educational opportunities and research.
Here are the scholarship requirements
To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Is an RN currently working in the intellectual/developmental disabilities field.
2. Is enrolled full-time or part-time in a BSN or MSN nursing program, is taking courses towards a BSN/MSN, or is enrolled/accepted into a BSN or MSN program to begin in the fall 2021 semester.
3. Works in an ID/DD agency in New York State.
4. Intends to continue working as an ID/DD nurse in New York State upon graduation.
When you apply, please submit one PDF or Word document with the following information. This will constitute your application for the scholarship.
1. Cover letter introducing yourself and your interest in the intellectual/developmental disabilities field.
2. Resume describing your educational and work experiences.
3. Essay of not more than 500 words explaining your future educational and professional goals. 4. Proof of current enrollment in a BSN or MSN program. The enrollment documentation can be a letter or verification on school letterhead from the Nursing Program or from the College Registrar’s Office, or a current 2021 college transcript identifying enrollment in a 400 or above level course towards the degree. (example Nur 410, Nur 630)
5. Send the requested information in one PDF or Word document. Include your name in the name of the document (i.e., Scholarship Application – Linda Dudman).
Applications must be received by Sunday, August 15, 2021. Please send applications to the NYS ID/DD Nurses Association.
• Email to email@example.com or
• Mail to NYS ID/DD Nurses Association, c/o Scholarship Committee, PO Box 25832, Rochester, NY 14625.
If you have questions about this scholarship opportunity: Please email Linda Dudman, NYSIDDDNA Planning Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on these scholarships and how to apply, visit The New York State Intellectual and Developmental Disability Nurses Association website at www.nysidddna.org.
**Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy is not affiliated with NYS ID/DD Nurses Association nor is NYS ID/DD Nurses Association affiliated with Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy. The scholarships will be awarded in September 2021. The NYS ID/DD Nurses Association will appoint a scholarship selection committee from among its members and will make a recommendation to Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy regarding whom to award the scholarships. Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy will provide the scholarships directly to the recipients.