Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy Scholarship
For students enrolled in a BSN or MSN Nursing Program
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, August 15, 2021
Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy will offer two $1000 scholarships to registered nurses (RN) who are working in New York State in the field of intellectual/ developmental disabilities nursing and are enrolled in a program toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing.
Applications are due Sunday, August 15. The scholarships will be awarded in September. The NYS ID/DD Nurses Association will appoint a scholarship selection committee from among its members and will make a recommendation to Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy regarding whom to award the scholarships. Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy will provide the scholarships directly to the recipients.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Is an RN currently working in the intellectual/developmental disabilities field.
- Is enrolled full-time or part-time in a BSN or MSN nursing program, is taking courses towards a BSN/MSN, or is enrolled/accepted into a BSN or MSN program to begin in the fall 2021 semester.
- Works in an ID/DD agency in New York State.
- Intends to continue working as an ID/DD nurse in New York State upon graduation.
To apply, submit one PDF or Word document with the following information. This will constitute your application for the scholarship.
- Cover letter introducing yourself and your interest in the intellectual/developmental disabilities field.
- Resume describing your educational and work experiences.
- Essay of not more than 500 words explaining your future educational and professional goals.
- Proof of current enrollment in a BSN or MSN program. The enrollment documentation can be a letter or verification on school letterhead from the Nursing Program or from the College Registrar’s Office, or a current 2021 college transcript identifying enrollment in a 400 or above level course towards the degree. (example Nur 410, Nur 630)
- Send the requested information in one PDF or Word document. Include your name in the name of the document (i.e., Scholarship Application – Linda Dudman).
Applications must be received by Sunday, August 15, 2021. Send applications to the NYS ID/DD Nurses Association.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mail to NYS ID/DD Nurses Association, c/o Scholarship Committee, PO Box 25832, Rochester, NY 14625.
If you have questions about this scholarship opportunity: Please write to Linda Dudman, NYSIDDDNA Planning Manager, at email@example.com.